CSI Madhya Kerala Diocese at a Glance
The Madhya Kerala Diocese is one of the twenty-four dioceses of the Church of South India (commonly referred to as CSI) (successor of the Church of England) covering the central part of Kerala. When the Church of South India was formed on 27 September 1947 the diocese was called the Diocese of Central Travancore. It was a part of the erstwhile Anglican Diocese of Travancore and Cochin founded in 1879. The Diocese was later renamed Diocese of Madhya Kerala.
Kerala, the State, clothed in nature’s finery, protected by the Rocky Mountains in the East and washed by the waves of the Arabian Sea in the West, has been blessed with Christianity from the first century. Tradition has it that it was St. Thomas, the Apostle of Jesus who brought Christianity to Kerala. The Ancient Syrian Church of Malabar had links with Christian centres in West Asia. The winds of the Reformation which rocked Europe in the 16th century swept India as well with the coming of the missionaries of the Church Missionary Society, the London Missionary Society and the Basel Mission.
The Church Missionary Society (CMS), was a society organized by some evangelicals of the Church of England on April 12th 1799 to help the propagation of the Gospel in Africa and in the East. The CMS was, of course, the child of ‘Evangelical Anglicanism’ and its original name was ‘The Society for Missions in Africa and the East’. After a few years, the title “The Church Missionary Society” was formally adopted.
British Connection with Travancore
The origin of Travancore’s connection with the British goes back to 1685 when the English East India Company established a factory at Anjengo in Travancore by obtaining land from the Attingal Rani (the Queen of Attingal). The English established the factory mainly with a view to breaking up the Dutch monopoly in those parts. Thus a cordial relationship between the East India Company and Travancore was developed.
In the second half of the 18th century. the fear of invasion from Haider Ali and Tipu Sultan compelled Travancore to depend for her safety on the English East India Company. In November 1795, a treaty of perpetual friendship and alliance was signed between the Rajah of Travancore and the East India Company. The treaty was again modified in 1805, which established British paramountcy over Travancore. As a result of these treaties, the British Residents were henceforth to represent Great Britain at the Court of Travancore. The first two residents were Col Colin Macaulay (1800-1810) and Col John Munro (1810-1819), who were protestant Christians of strong convictions; interested in the affairs of Jacobite Syrians.
The CMS in Travancore
The origin of the work of the C.M.S. in Travancore can be traced to the Rev R H Kerr and the Rev Claudius Buchanan, who paid visits to the Malabar Syrians in 1806, during the episcopate of Mar Dionysius. It was Lord William Bentinck, who sent Dr Kerr to Travancore for the purpose of investigating the state of the native church. E M Philip tells us that, “he (Kerr) expressed to the Metropolitan of the Syrian Church a hope that one day a union might take place between the Syrian and the Anglican Church and that he seemed pleased at the suggestion.”
The next friendly Anglican visitor was Dr Buchanan, who evinced a keen desire that the Syrian Church and the Church of England should be brought closer together. His speech at the CMS Anniversary in 1809 and his famous book, “Christian Researches in Asia”, drew the attention of the English people to the Syrian Christians of Travancore.
According to W J Richards, a C M S Missionary in Travancore, in the beginning of 19th century the religious and social conditions of the Syrian Christians were pathetic. The people were steeped in ignorance and superstitions. The Jacobite Syrian Church was also at this time at a very low spiritual level. This is clear in the words of the Syrian Metropolitan, when he had an interview with Dr Buchanan in which he says, “you have come to visit a declining church.”
The Mission of Help to the Syrians
The CMS Mission of Help to the Jacobite Syrians of Kerala was started in the year 1816, of which the initiative came from Col Munro, the then British Resident of Travancore. There were two main purposes behind the Mission of Help to the Syrians. First of all, through the work of the C M S Missionaries among the Syrians, to effect the renovation of their Church and to raise them from their degradation.
Secondly, the British Resident as well as the missionaries hoped that “a strong and friendly Christian Community will be a support for the British power in Malabar”. Rev Thomas Norton was the first missionary who came to Travancore in this connection. He was soon followed by Benjamin Bailey (1816), Joseph Fenn (1818) and Henry Baker (Sr) (1819) who are popularly known as the "Kottayam Trio".
These three concentrated their work among the Syrians, whereas the pioneer missionary, Norton focused his work among the outcastes in Alleppey.
The work of the missionaries among the Jacobite Syrians was mainly on the education field. Fenn took charge of the college for training the younger clergy; Bailey devoted himself chiefly to literary and translation work and the press, while Baker took charge of the parish schools up and down the land. Though the relationship between the missionaries and the Jacobite Syrians went on well without any problems, in the beginning, it did not last long. The change of leadership in the Jacobite Syrian Community as well as the change of missionaries caused many problems in the relationship. During the second half of the Mission of Help, the pioneer missionaries went on furlough.
While they were away new men came on the scene, Joseph Peet (1833-1865) and W J Wood Cock (1834-1837). The young missionaries were rather impatient about the slow progress being made and were sometimes rash in their actions. The visits of the Rev J Tucker, Secretary of the C M S Corresponding Committee at Madras, and Bishop Wilson, the Anglican Bishop of Calcutta did not heal the wound, these two being uncompromising evangelists. This was followed by a Synod of the Syrian Christians at Mavelikkara on 16th January 1836, in which the Jacobite Syrian Community under Mar Dionysios IV, the then Malankara Metropolitan decided to break all their relationships with the Church of England. With this, we see an early death of the twenty-year-old C M S Mission of Help to the Syrian Church of Travancore.
Was the Mission of Help a failure? An eminent Hindu, Diwan Bahadur Nagamiah says in the Travancore State Manual, “Although the Syrians headed by their Bishop had thus formally parted company with the Church Missionary Society, the teaching of the missionaries for more than twenty years had not been without result, and there was among the Syrians a party who was influenced by that teaching.”
Missionaries Turn to the Masses
The dissolution of the contract between the C M S and the Syrian Metropolitan after 20 years of beneficial work was no doubt says, C M Agur “a great disappointment” With the snapping of ties, the missionaries directed their attention to the despised and the downtrodden Ezhavas, Malayarayans (Hill Arrians), and the outcastes of Central Travancore.
Due to the impact of the work of the C M S among the Syrian Christians, soon after the separation with them, several Syrian Christians who were attracted towards the reformation joined the Anglican Church. In certain cases, the whole Syrian parishes joined with the missionaries. Therefore, the missionaries began to serve them as parish priests too.
In 1840, Bishop Spencer of Madras, who succeeded Bishop Daniel Corrie after his death in 1837, made his first episcopal visit to Malabar soon after the Archbishop of Canterbury had put the congregations of Travancore under the Episcopal oversight of the Bishop of Madras. Thus the Anglican Church was fully established in Travancore in 1840. By the 1840s missionaries started systematic evangelism among the non-Christians, especially those of the lower classes. In 1848 Baker reported that he baptized thirty-five individuals. He again speaks: “They have been Chogans. Two I had rescued from slavery very accidentally.” In 1850, Rev J Hawksworth wrote, "The visible success of this mission during the past half-year has been almost exclusively among the 'heathen'".
Early in 1876, the Society began negotiations with the Secretary of State for India so that a new diocese can be formed under the Jerusalem Bishopric Act for the Church of England in the Native States of Travancore and Cochin. The Diocese of Travancore and Cochin (in the Church of India, Burma and Ceylon) was erected with its See at Kottayam in 1879 and John Speechly, then Principal of the Cambridge Nicholson Institute (CMS theological college, Kottayam), was announced as the first Bishop of Travancore and Cochin. Speechly was consecrated a bishop on 25 July 1879 at St Paul's Cathedral; he arrived at Kottayam on 27 January 1880.
In 1888, Speechly left for England and was unable to return, and Noel Hodges (1890–1904), a CMS Missionary from Ceylon followed him as diocesan bishop. He was installed in the Pro-Cathedral, Kottayam in November 1890. During the episcopate of Hodges, the first missionary enterprise of the diocese was organised as its Home Mission, was started at Adoor in 1903. Hodges retired in 1905 and was succeeded by Hope Gill (1905–1925), who was consecrated in Westminister Abbey and arrived in Kottayam in 1906. The full creation of Diocesan structures which began in 1879 was fulfilled in 1920, when Gill constituted, "Travancore and Cochin Diocesan Council" to assist in the management of the temporal affairs and financial business of the church.
On 27 September 1947, the four southernmost dioceses of CIBC united with other churches to form the Church of South India. The presiding bishop at the CSI's inauguration was C. K. Jacob, Bishop of Travancore and Cochin who became Bishop in Central Travancore; his diocese's territory was reduced and renamed the Diocese of Central Travancore. Subsequently, it has been renamed the Diocese of Madhya Kerala after that state was formed in 1956- Madhya is Malayalam/Hindi for central.
The Diocese has a Diocesan Council which governs the diocese. All the clergy of the diocese and elected laymen from the local congregations are members of the Diocesan Council.
The diocese is administratively divided into two zones (North Zone and South Zone), each headed by a District Minister. And it is further divided into twelve District Councils. The bishop of the diocese is assisted by the Executive Committee, formed by an election from the Diocesan Council.
The Diocesan Headquarters is at Kottayam, Kerala. The Bishop's House and a Retreat Centre is on the campus of the Headquarters.
The Diocese also publishes an official newsletter named Njananikshepam (The Treasury of Knowledge) every month. The newsletter was published first in the year 1848 from C.M.S. press, Kottayam.
Rt. Rev. Dr Malayil Sabu Koshy Cherian
Anglican Bishops of Travancore and Cochin
Rt. Rev. John Speechly (1879–1889)
Rt. Rev. Noel Hodges (1890–1904)
Rt. Rev. Hope Gill (1905–1924)
Rt. Rev. Edward Moore (1925–1937)
Rt. Rev. Bernard Corfield (1938–1944)
Rt. Rev. Cherakarottu Korula Jacob (1945–1947)
CSI Bishops in Central Travancore/Madhya Kerala
Rt. Rev. C. K. Jacob (1947–1957)
Rt. Rev. M. M. John (1958–1974)
Rt. Rev. T. S. Joseph, Assistant Bishop (consecrated 1 July 1967)
Rt. Rev. T.S. Joseph (1974–1981) installed 27 December
Rt. Rev. M. C. Mani (1981–1993) consecrated 8 February
Rt. Rev. Dr Sam Mathew (1993–2001) consecrated 1 September
Rt. Rev. Thomas Samuel (2001–2011)
Rt. Rev. Thomas K. Oommen (2011–2020)
Rt. Rev. Dr Malayil Sabu Koshy Cherian (2021-Till date)
The Diocese is divided into 12 District Councils. Each Council has a chairman presbyter.
1 Adoor: Adoor, Kadampanad, Kollam, Kulathupuzha, S.Kunnida, Munroethuruthu, Puthuval, Thazhathumon, Thiruvananthapuram
2 Elanthoor: Cheenerkara, Elanthoor, Kallely, Kidangannoor, Kuzhikkala, Mallassery, Nallanikunnu, Omalloor, Pathananthitta, Punnackad
3 Ettumanoor: Ettumanoor, Kattampakal, Koothattukulam, Muttuchira, Njeezhoor, Ottiankurnnu, Piravam, Vaikom, Varikkamkkunnu, Velloor
4 Kodukulanji: Kodukulanji, Angadickal, Chengannur, Karode, Kozhuvalloor, Kollakadavu, Cheruvalloor
5 Kottayam: Arpookara, Ascension Kottayam, Cathedral Kottayam, Central Kumarakom, Erikadu, Kothala, Kumaranelloor, Machukadu, Manganam, Manarcadu, Muttambalam, Olassa, Pampady, Thiruvanchoor, Vadavathoor
6 Kumplampoika: Ayroor, Chittar, Ennooramvayal (Vechoochira), Karikkattor, Kumplampoika, Neerettucavu, Pullikkallu Ranni, Vayalathala
7 Mallappally: Ezhumattoor, Kaipatta, Keezhvaipur, Koothrappally, Kottanad, Mallappally, Mammood, Narakathani, Nedungadappally, Pariyaram
8 Mavelikara: Mavelikara, Kallumala, Cherukunnam, Kattanam, Kappil, Bharanikkavu, South Puthuppally, Alumpedika, Njakkanal, Chamavila, Kayamkulam, Kanneetti, Mynagappally, Monkuzhy
9 Mundakkayam: Mundakkayam, Thidanad, Vazhoor, Kanam, Edakunnam, Ponkunnam, Karinilam
10 Pallom: Pallom, Panimattom, Velluthuruthy, Kavalam, Changanacherry, Kollad, Alappuzha, Karumadi, Njaliakuzhy, Mooledom, Thuruthy, Muhamma, Nalunnakkal, Poovanthuruthu
11 Punnavely: Punnavely, Neelampara, Chelakompu, Mundathanam, Kangazha, East Meenadom, Mulekkunnu
12 Thiruvalla: Tholassery, Kaviyoor, Perumthuruthy, Valanjavattom, Thalavady, Mundiappally, Kunnamthanam, Kuttoor, Poovathoor, Kumbanad, Warikkadu
Diocesan Sunday School-A Brief History
The efforts of Robert Rakes of England to teach the children Bible stories in a systematic way resulted in the formation of an organization called the Sunday School in 1780. Within a few years, it had spread to many countries and by 1790 about 3 lakh students had become Sunday school students. The world Sunday school union was formed in 1808 and the India Sunday Schools union started functioning at Allahabad in 1876.
The early CMS missionaries who came to Kerala began teaching The Bible to children also, and therefore Sunday schools were already functioning in many of the Churches established by these missionaries. Systematic Sunday school work is understood to have been started, in 1880, at Mallappally, by Arch Deacon Oommen Mammen who got in touch with the India Sunday schools union roughly around that time. Hence 1880 is considered to be the year of starting formal Sunday schools in our Diocese.
It took some more years to get this movement well organized in the Diocese. Rev. K.O. Philip was appointed as the first General Secretary of the Diocesan Sunday school in 1924 and Rev. M M John (later became the Bishop of Madhya Kerala Diocese) took up this responsibility in 1934. ‘Balajanaperunal’, the birthday of the Diocesan Sunday school, was started in 1945. Regular examinations for the children and teachers according to the syllabus of the All India Sunday Schools union were held from 1927 onwards. The mission support by the Sunday school children for the work in Nadikooda, one of the villages under the Parkal Mission, started in 1938. Though VBS (Vacation Bible School) ministry was taken up formally and systematically by the Diocesan Sunday school only in 2003, the first VBS in the Diocese was conducted as early as 1954.
Training camps for teachers of the Sunday schools are held by the Diocese from the 1920s and the annual Sunday school camp at the Diocesan level was started in 1982. Competitions in various disciplines at the Diocesan level are conducted since 1983. ‘Njanasandesamâm, the quarterly publication of the Sunday school was commenced in 1998. A correspondence course for Bible study called ‘Vissuasa Prayanam’ was started in 2003. Mission Sunday is celebrated since 2001 and the collection of that day is used for the support of a Home Mission field of the Diocese. Junior Missionary Association JMA, started functioning in 1986 in order to encourage children for missionary work. It was defunct for a few years but was revived again in 2005.
Diocesan Youth Movement
India became independent on August 15, 1947, and one month later, the formation of the Church of South India took place, its inauguration on 27th September 1947 was a historic event - an Indian Church in an Indian - ruled country. The formation of the Church of South India was one of the remarkable events in the History of Christianity.
The CSI Madhya Kerala Diocesan Youth Movement is the first Christian Youth Movement in Asia. The earliest form of the Diocesan Youth Movement was the ‘Annual Anglican Youth League’ which was started by Bishop Charles Hope Gill. In 1916, during the time of the centenary celebrations of the Church Missionary Society Activities in Travancore-Cochin, the missionaries felt the need of utilizing the creative and physical potentials of the youth for the betterment of the Church and the society. For this reason, to unite the Youth, the missionaries started the ‘Annual Anglican Youth Conference’. The very aim of the Annual Conference was to invite the youth to serve the church and the society through the love of Jesus Christ and thus lead them to better dedication and commitment. It was in the English language that they arranged the sessions of the conference. From 1932 onwards, an annual conference was started in Malayalam for the non-English speaking people.
In 1942, the organisation became very strong which was known as ‘Youth League’ and started district level conferences in all the 10 ecclesiastical districts of the diocese. In 1947, a full-time general secretary (Mr John Ramakrishna Pillai) was appointed for the smooth functioning of the organisation. Till this time there were no women participating in the conferences. In 1959, the ‘Yuvatheesamajam’ which was an integral part of the Women’s Fellowship merged with Youth League. In 1978, the name of the organisation was changed from’ Youth League’ to ‘Youth Movement’.
Diocesan Women’s Fellowship
Women’s Fellowship of Madhya Kerala Diocese is one of the effective bodies of the diocese with a strong structure, which works towards the empowerment of women, both in the spiritual and secular fields. Geographically the diocese occupies the central part of Kerala. Madhya Kerala Diocese came into existence on 27 September 1947 when the Church of South India was formed.
Mrs Gill started the ‘Mother’s Union’ in 1909 on St. Mary’s day. When the ‘Women’s Fellowship’ of CSI was formed in 1948 the ‘Mother’s Union’ merged into it.
Under the auspices of the Women’s Fellowship, several programmes and projects are done. One such programme is Divyabodhini. It is a comprehensive theological educational programme. Classes are held in four centres. The classes primarily focus on the empowerment of their physical, mental and spiritual abilities, so that those dormant skills can be awakened and utilised for the upliftment of their families, churches and communities at large. The diocese comprises 123 pastorates and many outstations and 12 districts with Women's Fellowship district secretaries. These secretaries look after the functioning WF works in their respective areas. WF members from each district meet in one place in the district four times a year to visit houses, irrespective of caste or creed to proclaim the gospel and for Bible study and intercession.
Every year the ‘World Day of Prayer' is observed during the first Friday in March. The first Sunday in March is observed as the Women’s Sunday. We have the Annual Conference of the WF usually during the month of May. Besides we have the fellowship of the least coin also. Both men and youngsters encourage the WF with their ardent support. God is sustaining the WF through thick and thin for the last 64 years.
Kudumbapriyavadini: the newsletter of Women’s Fellowship, publishes articles on biblical study, family, health, mental health, women’s problems, privileges and duties, Christian education, Christian values and many other matters.
• Jewel Box: Jewel Box is a restaurant run by the WF. This is situated in the Baker Compound.
• Pisgah: A Home for retired single women.
• Babyland Creche/ Day Care Centre: More than 20 children between the age of one and a half to three and a half are being looked after during the daytime.
• Agape: Wafer used for communion is being made here.
• Anil Memorial Home for the Aged: Dr Mary George presented her Bungalow at Mavelikara to WF to convert it into an Old Age Home in memory of her son Anil.
• Tabitha Tailoring Centre: Surplice, Stoles, Choir uniforms and other church vestments are made here.
• Asha Bhavan Respite Care Centre: Asha Bhavan is for Mentally and Physically challenged girls. This centre is at Kanakkary, near Ettumanoor.
Diocesan Child Care Ministry
The Child Care Ministry of CSI Diocese of Madhya Kerala is working under the Children’s Welfare Board with a vision to uplift the poor and the unfortunate children of Madhya Kerala. The Program focuses on helping and sustaining the poor and the underprivileged children in our economically backward society and also their families to have self-esteem and creditability of their life. Now the Child Care Ministry supports 657 children irrespective of caste and creed who are in various Day Care Centres, Child Development Care Projects and Residential Projects. The Children who had been in this project has come up in life and attained creditable status in society. Still, there are many children deserving support for their development.
Diocesan Mission Fields and Mission Institutions
Parkal Mission (started in 1924): Missionary Rev. Rijin P. Abraham 0967648241633
Telangana Mission (Mugalappally Mission) (started in 1967): Missionary Rev. Jess Mathew 08179993207
Charkhari Mission (started in 1982): Missionary Rev. Jerin Thomas George 08086258202
Bhilai Industrial Mission (started in 1988): Missionary Rev. Subin G. Thomas 08602164610
Mysore Mission (started in 1995): Missionary Rev. Anoop George Joseph 08939179960
Vellore Mission (started in 2000): Missionary Rev. Vijo T. Joseph 09946888560
Uttarakhand Mission (started in 2005): Missionary-in-charge Rev. Mathew Mathew 09544410348, Missionary Mr Soby George 07895807003
Odisha Mission (started in 2014): Rev. Soji A. Thomas 8281640620
Palani Hills Mission (started in 2014): Rev. Aneesh M. Philip 07094777794
Shalom Mission (started in 2014): Rev. Abraham G. Sathyanathan 9961572105
Bengal Mission (started in 2015): Rev. Mathew Daniel 08281067515
Katrapally Mission (started in 2017): Missionary Rev. Prethesh Babu Kurian M. 08106373978
Nepal Mission (started in 2017)
Jhabua Mission (started in 2019): Missionary in Charge Rev. Biju Kunjumman 09745268311
Thottapradesa Mission (started in 1988): Missionaries Rev. Shibu Selvaraj 09746935610
Kuttanadu Mission (started in 2007): Missionary Rev. Nibu Thomas 9645561492
Malayora Mission (started in 2011): Missionary Rev. Sabin Jo Benson 9747099278
Institutions under the Diocese
Bethel Ashram, Thiruvalla
C.M.S. Press, Kottayam (The first printing press in Kerala, established in 1821)
CMS College Kottayam (The first college in South India, established in 1817)
Peet Memorial Training College, Mavelikara
Bishop Moore College, Mavelikara
Bishop Speechly College, Pallom
CSI College for Legal Studies, Ettumanoor
Baker Women's College, Kottayam
Higher Secondary Schools
Baker Memorial Girls Higher Secondary School, Kottayam
Bishop Hodges Higher Secondary School, Mavelikara
CMS Higher Secondary School, Mallapally
CMS College Higher Secondary, Kottayam
CMS Higher Secondary School, Kuzhikala
CMS College Higher Secondary School Kottayam
Baker Memorial Girls High School, Kottayam
Bishop Hodges Higher Secondary School, Mavelikara
CMS Higher Secondary School, Mallapally
CMS Higher Secondary, Kuzhikala
Buchanan Girls High School, Pallom
CMS High School, Mundakayam
CMS High School, Kattanam
CMS High School, Kumplampoika
CMS High School, Nedugadapally
CMS High School, Pallom
CMS High School, Punnavely
CMS High School, Olassa
CMS High School, Puthupally
CMS High School, Kanam
CMS High School, Thiruvalla
CMS High School, Thalavady
CMS High School, Mundiapally
Upper Primary Schools
CMS UPS Athirunkal
CMS UPS Chelakompu
CMS UPS Karappuram Mission
CMS UPS Kattampakkal
CMS UPS Kodukulanji
CMS UPS Kulathupuzha
CMS UPS Nallanikunnu
CMS UPS Punnackad
CMS UPS Ranni
B M Kindergarten School, Kottayam 0481 2564180
B M K Teacher Training School, Kottayam 9539529421
Inter National Play School, Mavelikara 8289852052
Bishop Mani Theological Institute, Kottayam
Baker Vidyapith, Kottayam
Bishop Moore Vidyapith, Mavelikara
Bishop Moore English Medium Higher Secondary School, Mavelikara
Bishop Moore Vidyapith, Cherthala
Bishop Moore Vidyapith, Kayamkulam
Bishop Speechly Vidyapith, Pallom
Christ Church Vidyapith, Kodukulanji
Hawksworth Vidyapith, Tholassery
Teacher Training College
Bishop Peet Memorial Training College, Mavelikkara.
Teacher Training Institutes
C.S.I VHSS for the Deaf, Thiruvalla
C.S.I HSS for the Partially Hearing, Manakkala, Adoor
Industrial School, Kottayam
CMS Weaving School, Thukalassery, Thiruvalla
Askwith Hostel for Men, (PG Hostel), CMS College Kottayam
Baker School Boarding House
Bishop Moore Vidyapith Boys' Hostel, Mavelikara
Bishop Moore Vidyapith Girls' Hostel, Mavelikara
Cathedral Hostel for Women, Kottayam
CMS Industrial School Hostel, Kottayam
Ella Hostel, CMS College PG Hostel
Lea Hostel, CMS College, Kottayam
G.M.M. Hospital, Mallappally Ph. 0469 2782262/ 2785262
B.J.M. Hospital, Pallom Ph. 0481 2432213
Aliveu Palliative & Home Care, Pallom Ph. 9061507084
CSI Counselling Centre, Kottayam
Diocesan Book Depot, Kottayam
Diocesan Book Depot (Noah’s Arch), Adoor
CSI Youth Centre, Changanacherry
CSI Retreat Centre, Kottayam
Eco-Spirituality Centre, Othara
Eco-Tourism Centre, Kumarakom
Home Wood Eco-Spirituality Centre, Kodaikanal
Kenly Eco-Spirituality Centre, Kodaikanal
Seraphim Studio, Kottayam
CSI Church, Toronto
Church of South India (CSI) Malayalam Congregation, London
ST Thomas CSI Church, Belfast
CSI Congregation of Manchester, Midlands and Sheffield.
St. Peter's CSI Church
CSI St.Thomas Church -Malayalam Congregation, Doha - Qatar
CSI Parish, Abu Dhabi
CSI Parish, Dubai
CSI Parish, Sharjah
All Saints CSI Parish, Jebel Ali
CSI Emmanuel Congregation, Atlanta
CSI Congregation of Great Lakes, Michigan
Emmanuel CSI Church, Philadelphia
CSI Congregation of Dallas
CSI Congregation of Hudson Valley
Church of South India Malayalam Congregation of Greater New York
Holy Trinity CSI Church, Brisbane
Immanuel Congregation (CSI), Singapore
Holy Trinity CSI Congregation, Dublin