- Delhi Immanuel
CSI Immanuel Malayalam Congregation, Mayur Vihar, New Delhi
- From the early sixties, a few of the families belonging to the CSI Madhya Kerala Diocese who were residing in Delhi felt the need to have the worship services conducted in their own mother tongue in the CSI liturgy and made various attempts for it.
- The then bishop Rt. Rev M. M. John was approached by this group during his visit to Delhi and he responded positively. After his return, he deputed the Late Very Rev. I. C. Kurian to Delhi for a month to study the feasibility of organizing such a congregation and its viability. For four Sundays he conducted the CSI Malayalam worship services at the Lady Hardinge Hospital Chapel.
- On the basis of his recommendation, the then Bishop deputed Rev. K. C. Chacko as the first Pastor of the congregation. The Bishop of CNI Delhi Diocese was apprised of the developments and his consent for this venture was obtained. It was informed that the Pastor as well as the congregation would be under the administrative control of the Diocese of Delhi.
- Thus a humble beginning was made in September 1969 by starting regular CSI Malayalam Worship Service on Sunday Mornings at the Lady Harding Hospital Chapel. There were hardly 40 to 45 families and there were some individual members.
- The congregation grew in number and by the time it celebrated Silver Jubilee in 1994, there were about 170 families and 40 individuals as members. Read More: [http://www.immanuelchurchdelhi.org/about-us.html]
Immanuel Malayalam Congregation Mayur Vihar Phase 1 Extn. New Delhi - 110 091.
Location : click here
Website : http://www.immanuelchurchdelhi.org/