CSI Jubilee Malayalam Church, Mumbai-Sanpada (CNI)
- Jubilee Malayalam CSI Church is a pastorate falling under the administrative control of C.N.I. Mumbai Diocese. It started as a small worshipping centre of Holy Trinity Church, Chembur, on the 2nd Sunday of November 1985. The first service was conducted in a classroom of the St. Mary’s School in Vashi, attended by a few Malayali families, who were members of Holy Trinity Church, and were then residing in Navi Mumbai.
- The then Bishop of Bombay, Rt. Rev. S. B. Joshua felt the necessity of a church building for CNI members in and around the fast-developing Navi Mumbai and applied with CIDCO for a piece of land. Due to many hurdles, the application bore fruit only after his retirement. The Next Bishop, Rt. Rev. Baiju F Gavit made arrangements for the construction of a new church on land allotted by CIDCO and the church was consecrated on 26th October 2001.
- After the dedication of the Jubilee Church, Sanpada, our worshipping centre moved into the new church premises. The other linguistic groups of CNI viz. Marathi, Tamil and English congregations, who were then worshipping in different schools and halls in Navi Mumbai also started worshipping in this newly constructed church building on Sundays.
- The then Bishop of Mumbai Diocese bifurcated this worshipping centre from Holy Trinity Church as a separate congregation on 1st April 2004.
- The Diocesan Council held in October 2006 up-graded this congregation into a full-fledged pastorate, under our present name “Jubilee Malayalam Church [C.N.I.]”. We presently have members staying between the Panvel and Airoli nodes of Navi Mumbai.
Jubilee Malayalam Church, Flat No-601, Wing A, Gami Trixie, Plot No-187, Sector 20, Ulwe, Navi Mumbai- 410 206
Location : click here
Website : http://www.jubileemalayalam.org/